UNI AIR is committed to protecting your privacy. You are encouraged to know all your rights about using the services of this website provided by UNI Airways Corporation (hereinafter 'the Company' or 'UNI AIR'). UNI AIR hereby makes the following statement in accordance with Article 8 of the Personal Information Protection Act of Taiwan and Article 7 of General Data Protection Regulation, which includes the guidelines we use for protecting the information you provide us during a visit to our web-site.
Purposes for collecting personal information
UNI AIR collects personal information for the following purposes: flight booking process, establishment of ticket-related data, ticketing notice, issue of itinerary, transportation management, consumer/passenger/membership services and management, irregular handling with payment issues, baggage claims, product marketing, service, online advertising and statistical surveys and analyses in order to elevate service quality and strengthen personalized services.
Methods for collecting personal information
UNI AIR will collect passengers' personal information through the following means:
- Online booking/issue ticket;
- Online services (check-in, itinerary inquiry etc.);
- Online activities/Advertising;
- UNI tour package;
- Liaison regarding flight booking, ticketing, membership services, customers' opinion survey, etc.;
- Process of services at the UNI AIR ticketing counters;
- Airport operation procedure;
The conditions listed in Article 9, paragraph 2 of General Data Protection Regulation are not limited to this.
Categories of personal information collected
Through the above collection methods, the types of personal information UNI AIR collects may include:
- C001: Personal identifiers, including but not limited to: name, job title, home address, work address, previous addresses, home phone numbers, cell phone numbers, instant messaging accounts, online platform accounts, mailing and registered addresses, photographs, fingerprints, email addresses, electronic signatures, personal certificate card numbers, digital certificate numbers, records of online identification/queries, log-in password, IP addresses, Cookies, mobile device identifiers or any other information for identifying a person;
- C002: Identifiers of personal finance, including but not limited to: account numbers/names with financial institutes, credit/debit card numbers, insurance policy numbers, or any other number or account regarding personal finance;
- C003: Identifiers issued by government agencies, including but not limited to: Personal I.D. card number, ROC Uniform ID number, taxpayer ID number, insurance certificate number, disability card number, retiree certificate number, license numbers, passport number, etc.;
- C011: Personal details, including but not limited to: age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, voice, etc.;
- C023: Details of the member’s family members, including but not limited to: information about the children, dependents, other members in the family or relatives, parents, cohabiters, or relatives living in China and elsewhere;
- C031: Residence and housing facilities, including but not limited to: home address, equipment types, house ownership or tenancy, duration of residence, rents, taxes and the other housing costs, types and value of housing, the owner’s name, etc.;
- C034: Travel and other migration details, including but not limited to: details about previous migrations/travels, passports of foreign countries, residence certificates, work permits, etc.;
- C035: Leisure activities and hobbies, including but not limited to: hobbies, sports and the other interests;
- C038: Occupations, including but not limited to: school principals/presidents, parliamentary representatives, etc.;
- C061 Current Employment Situation: Including but not limited to the employer, job title, job description, rank, date of employment, working hours, venue, industry characteristics, employment conditions and duration, past responsibilities and experience that are related to the current employer, etc.
- C094: Compensations, including but not limited to: the details and amount of compensation/claims;
- C111: Health records, including but not limited to medical reports, treatment and diagnostic records, physical exam results, types and levels of disabilities, expiry date and number of disabled certificate, contact persons, etc.
- C132: Uncategorized information, including but not limited to: correspondence, files, reports, audio recordings or electronic mails that cannot be categorized.
If you cannot provide the personal information required by the respective service scope, it is possible that we may not be able to complete part or all of the services and/or transactions you requested.
Usage period, regions, targets and methods of using the personal information collected
- Usage period: The period of use of the personal information mentioned above is based on the duration of collection of the specified purpose, or as determined by applicable laws (e.g. Civil Law, Personal Data Protection Law of Taiwan, etc.) or the period of preservation necessary for the execution of the business (if longer than the period prescribed by law) or on a contractual basis. The length of time for the contract to preserve the data.
- Regions: Passengers' personal information will be used by UNI AIR’s business offices worldwide for providing relevant services.
- Targets and methods
- Targets and methods: In addition to applying the collected personal information in ticket purchase, UNI AIR will also use the information in the following areas:
- Ticketing notice, Certificate of Ticket Issuance, Receipt, Invoice, fare information and online related services, etc.
- Financial transactions and authorization: the finance-related information provided by passengers in their ticket will be submitted to respective financial institution in the ticket purchase process (e.g. for credit card authorization) before completing a ticket purchase.
- Email, App and text messaging services: UNI AIR will send flight-related information to the e-mail address and/or mobile phone No. provided by passengers.
- Passenger’s personal information may be used by the Company, its contractors, agencies, subsidiaries, associated companies, group, and/or business partners to offer services that include, but are not limited to: general/online reservations, online check-in, text-messaging, online events, social activities, membership rewards programs and airport operations. The data will also serve as a basis for statistical surveys/analyses that will facilitate the provision of the services mentioned above.
- For the presentation and marketing of products and advertisement, including the services and products of the Company and/or of a third-party contract partner, and the Company’s contractors, agencies, subsidiaries, associated companies, group and/or business partners.
- When you book or purchase peripheral services through the UNI AIR web-site, as the process may be completed through a third-party transaction platform, hence the personal information you input may be collected by suppliers of related travel products for subsequent service provision.
We promise that, without your consent, we will neither disclose your personal information to a third party irrelevant to the named service nor use it for any purpose other than that aforementioned, with the following exceptions: Your personal information may be disclosed, or used, in cooperation with legal investigations initiated by judicial authorities or authorities concerned as per duties and responsibilities.
Passenger's rights to his/her personal information
Anyone who voluntarily provides the Company with his/her personal information is entitled to the following rights according to the Article 3 of Taiwan Personal Information Protection Act and Article 16 to 20 of EU General Data Protection Regulation:
- make an enquiry or request reviewing the information
- request a copy of the information
- request supplementation or corrections
- request stopping of data collection, handling or utilization
- request restriction of processing
- request restriction of automated decision-making, including profiling
- request deletion (we may not process or answer your case or other service requests to the extent processing is necessary and the right to erasure shall not be applied according to applicable data protection laws.)
- request of data portability
We will keep your information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. For example, the legal or business purposes of UNI, or as required by relevant laws.
We will keep the information, so we can fulfil the specific travel arrangements you have made and after that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the travel agreement and the information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us.
You can exercise any of the aforementioned rights through the Company's website or business offices worldwide; your request will be handled as soon as your identity is verified. If you provide incorrect or incomplete personal information, such as a nickname, which prevents us from verifying your real identity, we might be unable to uphold your privacy rights (i.e., the rights with regard to inquiry and request for viewing of the personal information, as stated in Article 3 of the Personal Information Act).
The Company shall, in accordance with Article 13 of the Personal Information Protection Act, approve or reject the applicant’s request within 15 or 30 days, and notify the applicant of the reason in writing. In addition, the Company shall collect administrative charges according to Article 14 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
Collection of information through 'Cookies'
Keeping our commitment:
- To provide you with the personalized services and invite you to participate in all of the activities on the web-site.
- To identify your web preferences for us to help provide you with better services.
Information about the cookies we use
- Essential Cookie - Essential cookies are essential for the operation of our website that will let you move around our website freely and use functions on the websites. These cookies don’t gather your personal identifiable information that could be used for marketing and are not disclosed to any third party.
- Functional cookies – Functional cookies are used to remember choices you make and improve functionality and your personal features on our web-site.
- Performance cookies - Performance cookies collect information about which pages visitors go to most often, and if you experienced any errors. These cookies help us to improve the performance and user experience of our website.
Collection of IP Address
An Internet Protocol address (IP address) is a numerical label assigned to each device participating in internet that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. When you access our website and mobile services, we collect your IP address. We store this information to help us manage security, analyze how our website and mobile services interact with you and do the product marketing and advertisement. We also use IP address to block the visitor, who is unable to comply with the terms of service, from accessing to our website and mobile services.
Collection of E-mail Address
UNI AIR will follow the guidelines for " Categories of personal information collected " in using the e-mail addresses obtained to deliver information relevant to our customers, including a wide range of services and special privileges, and will make known on the e-mail that it is sent by the Company.
Please safeguard your personal information. Do not supply your personal information to others. To prevent others from collecting and abusing your personal information, DO remember to log out of the site when you complete a transaction (incl. Internet reservation, shopping, member contact or other data change), and close the window before you leave the site if you share a computer with others.
Modification of the Privacy & Security Statement
UNI AIR reserves the right to change these guidelines and disclaimers from time to time, and the content presented on this page is considered to be the latest version. Should a material modification to our Privacy & Security statement occur, we will post those changes on our website so that you are aware of the changes. The company also regularly reviews privacy protection/security statements to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
In order to protect yourself in the Cyber world, you should validate whether or not the website you're visiting is indeed a legitimate website. UNI AIR website(www.uniair.com.tw) is a secure site with the Global Digital of which enable secure communications between your browser and our website.
Transaction and Data Encryption
UNI AIR protects passenger transaction and privacy information with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology, an industry standard for encrypting over the Internet, where text will be automatically converted into codes before being securely dispatched over the Internet.
Governing Law and Settlement of Disputes
Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this website shall be referred to and resolved by Taiwan Taipei District Court, R.O.C.
Please contact us if you have any questions and comments regarding our Privacy and Security Statement.